If you are worried about your baby’s security and looking for a solution to your problem, then you are on the right page. Then your old mobile phones are your solution. Your old mobile to be used for monitoring must be in good working condition. You can simply convert your old mobile in a baby monitoring device with the help of technology.
If you are working then you cannot give your full time in baby monitoring. At that time your old phones will do that work. In this post, you will get an idea of how you can use the phone as a baby monitor and the apps which can be used for this purpose.
Part 1: How to Use Your Old Mobile as a Baby Monitor
Sometimes we all have old mobile phones at home which are no more in use. We can use such mobiles as a baby monitoring device if their camera and calls are working properly. You can keep an eye on your baby’s activities when you are not at home. Mobile’s camera will help you in monitoring the baby.
You simply need the Internet and camera. It will be great if your mobile and the mobile used for monitoring are connected to the same Wi-Fi. You can also use it if these mobiles are not connected with the same connection.
Place the mobile at the position from where it can record all activities of the baby. And, it must be placed at some distance from the baby. There are many child monitoring applications are available. You need to download such app which fulfils your requirement in the mobile so that you can remotely access the baby’s movements.
In the next section, we will discuss some of the apps which can be used for the baby’s security. These apps are specially designed to reduce the stress of parents and let them do their work properly. In this way, you can make your old phone as a baby monitor.
Part 2: Best Baby Monitor Apps
Here we are going to mention the best baby monitoring apps. You will get a basic idea about the apps and you will be able to choose the right one for you.
1. Find My Kids
The best child monitoring application on the market is Find My Kids. It is available for both Android as well as IOS platforms. It provides amazing features like live location tracking and listening to surrounding noises. The best part is that you can use it for toddlers or teenagers.
- It provides you with notifications of all the previously visited places by the kid.
- It records the location and time kids visited or left that place (for the future).
- You can record the noise of the surroundings of the baby.
- It has an emergency alert button for security.
2. Cloud Baby Monitor
This monitoring application is compatible with various Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, and MAC, etc. After downloading, you can run it over all the devices. It has 2 units; one is a child unit which needs to keep near the kid. And, the other is a parent unit which is kept by parents. It makes your mobile a secure video baby monitoring device. Its price is $3.99 which is affordable.
- There is no range for monitoring.
- It has a feature of noise and motion alert.
- Records video for monitoring.
- Its battery alert feature gives you the notifications if the battery is low
- It supports multiple parents and multiple child unit.
3. Baby Monitor by Faebir
Faebir is a simple and user-friendly app for baby monitoring. It is available for Android only and is free of cost. It makes a call, SMS or a skype call when baby cries or makes noise.
• Notifies you via skype call, SMS or call when the baby makes some noise.
- Alerts you if the mobile battery is low.
- It keeps running in the background.
- You can customize microphone sensitivity.
- Temporary problems are solved automatically.
4. Baby Monitor by CodeGoo
CodeGoo Baby Monitor is only compatible with the iPhone. You can place the mobile near the child or in his room. If there is any movement in the room then it will make a call to the number saved in the settings. Its price is $4.99 for the user.
- No limit of monitoring range.
- It has compatibility with most of the carriers.
- You can use with FaceTime.
5. Baby Monitor HD by Sunshine Apps
Secure your kids by using Baby Monitor HD app on your iPhone, It is also compatible with iPad, Mac, etc. It works on Wi-Fi and 3G. It allows you to monitor kids when you are not home. You can access all the features remotely and also at home. It is a tool providing high quality and audio features for baby monitoring. You can view 4 live videos on the screen at the same time. You can avail of these features free of cost.
- The camera setup is quick and simple.
- You can tilt the screen.
- Creating a group feature is supported.
- Zooming feature is available.
- Monitoring by Video and audio recording can be done.
6. Baby Monitor 3G
This application provides service for both IOS users as well as android users. Simply download the app from the store and start using it. Baby Monitor 3G sends video to the parent’s smartphone. It allows you to set the microphone sensitivity so that you can hear the voice of your kid’s room at distinctly. It costs $4.75 for Android and $3.99 for IOS.
- Provides unlimited range feature for recording.
- All activities get recorded.
- It supports multiple user units
- The sensitivity of the microphone is adjustable.
- Instant alert in an emergency.
- Provides 100% security.
7. Baby Monitor and Alarm
The most reliable child monitoring application is Baby Monitor and Alarm. It allows you to monitor kid’s activities and also noise recording in their surroundings. It is available on both the Google play store and the Apple store. The amazing feature which makes it different from other apps is that it makes a call whenever there is a noise in the kid’s room. Also, you can reply to these noises if needed. Its Android version costs you $3.08 whereas its IOS version costs you $2.99.
- User-friendly and reliable application.
- Surrounding noise can be recorded.
- Activity log monitoring
- Make a call to parents automatically if needed.
- Mother can record her voice for baby.
8. WiFi Baby Monitor
Another baby monitoring app is WiFi baby monitoring app. It provides you with the feature of video and audio broadcast. You can check the activities of the kid by zooming in or out. You can make it secure by setting a password. It can be accessed by multiple users. It is available for both versions – Android and IOS and is free of cost.
- Video and audio sharing service is available.
- Video zooming in and out is available to have a closer look.
- Video resolution is adjustable.
- Can be accessed using multiple connections simultaneously.
- Set password protection for security.
9. Third Eye
Third Eye application helps you in child monitoring by providing wireless audio and video monitoring feature. It is compatible with iPhone, Mac and PC. The best thing is that if you are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection then you can get the real-time audio of the kid. And, if you are accessing it remotely then you can get the recorded one. This amazing is available on iTunes and is free of cost.
- It supports several network connections.
- Allows getting real-time video streaming.
- Get real-time audio of the kid using the local connection.
- Get recording for the remote access.
10. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi App Box
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi app box is a commonly used child monitoring app which is available for IOS. This app allows you to keep an eye on your kid’s activities from anywhere in the world. If you are mostly on the business tours then it will prove beneficial for you as you can access it remotely. Also, it provides a feature of taking snapshots of the kid. It is free of cost so anyone can use it. But it is not available for Android users.
- Take and store snapshots of the child while monitoring.
- You can use both the front and back camera for this purpose.
- Can set snapshot timer.
Being a parent, security of the kids is your first priority. And the motive of this post is to provide you with the simplest way to secure kids. Use your mobile phone rather than buying any tracking device. Simply install apps like Find My Kids which serves features like child monitoring, location tracking, etc. Choose the best one and make your loved ones secure.