15 Best Small GPS Trackers
GPS trackers have become an essential option for people around the globe who want to stay connected and secure their loved ones. These small devices use Global Positioning System, or GPS, technology to provide accurate location data. They are most commonly used for tracking children, pets, and luggage.
With the advancements in military-grade satellite positioning technology over the last years, the best mini GPS trackers have substantially improved in accuracy and cost-effectiveness. Furthermore, they can now reach up to 20 days of battery life on a single charge.
In this post, we’ll share our list of the 15 best small GPS trackers you can buy in 2023.
We looked at a variety of factors and all kinds of GPS tracking devices to come up with a comprehensive list that will let you keep tabs on your child’s safety. Keep reading to learn more about the best micro GPS tracking device for you!
- How Do Small Tracking Devices Work?
- Top 15 Small Tracking Devices
How Do Small Tracking Devices Work?
As mentioned earlier, small tracking devices typically use Global Positioning System (GPS) technology. GPS utilizes a network of satellites that orbit the Earth to determine the coordinates of a receiver on the ground.
Small GPS tracking device products are easy to use and come in various sizes and shapes. To make tracking easier, more sophisticated devices may also incorporate additional features such as cellular communication, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth.
The GPS tracking system works by using satellites and signal reception to determine the location of someone or something. Through a process known as trilateration, the best mini GPS trackers are able to pinpoint an exact position based on the signal’s travel time from the satellite.
With a network of 32 satellites located in orbit and a ground receiving station, the accuracy of these trackers is second to none. Every bit of data and movement is relayed via a modem within the tracker itself before being sent to a centralized server for future access.
By leveraging state-of-the-art technology in this way, small tracking devices have revolutionized how secure assets are monitored worldwide.
Small tracking devices are used for many purposes—from navigation systems to safety and security measures. With advances in technology, these tracking systems can be small enough to fit in pockets or attach to clothing for monitoring people’s whereabouts on an individual basis.
Top 15 Small Tracking Devices
- Anti-Lost Bluetooth Finder Locator Pet Tracker
- LandSeaAir SilverCloud
- Tile Mate
- Njoii Bluetooth Key Finder
- Ereon Smart Bluetooth GPS Tracker
- JTD Wireless RF Item Locator
- Cube Tracker
- Key Finder VODESON Wireless Key Tracker
- Brickhouse Security Spark Nano 7 GPS Tracker
- AMERICALOC 300 Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
- Geozilla GPS tracker
- TickTalk 4
Comparison Table of 15 Best Tiny Small Tracking Devices
|Name||Best For||Technology||Price||Battery Life||Pros||Cons|
|Anti-Lost Bluetooth Finder Locator Pet Tracker||Best GPS trackers for short-range detection, remote phone control||Bluetooth||$39.99||10 months||Affordable price
Easy to set up
|Not the best battery life|
|LandSeaAir SilverCloud||These are the best mini GPS trackers for location tracking and sharing, waterproof abilities||4G LTE||$29.95||21 days||Easy to attach to your child’s clothes
Allows you to view the timeline, routes, and speed of travel of your child
Has a rechargeable battery
|Often has issues with signals|
|Tile Mate||Best mini GPS tracker for tracking valuable items (like keys), good for kids who lose their belongings||Bluetooth||$24.49||3 years||Water-resistant
Affordable and easy to install
Great for kids who tend to lose track of their belongings
|The child must be in close range for you to keep tabs on him or her|
|Njoii Bluetooth Key Finder||Finding small lost items||Bluetooth||$18.95||12-18 months||Works well for tracking small items
The battery can easily be replaced so you don’t need to buy a new machine
Can be used as an alarm if the item is a certain distance away
|Does not store location history|
|Ereon Smart Bluetooth GPS Tracker||Finding small last items, alarm settings, remote control for a phone||Bluetooth||$16.98||12-18 months||Comes in multiple colors
Can be used as a remote control for your phone
Has a built-in maps app to show the last location
|JTD Wireless RF Item Locator||Can be used as a flashlight, best customer support||RF||$18.05||12-18 months||Best customers service
Comes with a home tower for easy organization
Comes with four trackers and key rings for a great value
|Not super durable|
|Cube Tracker||Best for tracking with cell tower, WiFi, GPS||4G LTE||$29.95||3-5 days||Lightweight track and easy to carry
Lifetime warranty for added longevity
Super long battery life
|Unattractive square design|
|Key Finder VODESON Wireless Key Tracker||Tracking key chains, small toys, and wallets up to 100 feet away (with no need to install an app)||RF||$15.99||1 year||Uses RF technology so you don’t need a phone or monthly service plan
No monthly subscription cost
Has a loud ring volume and replaceable batteries
|Limited to 100 feet|
|AirTag||Best for crowded areas, tracking lugging||Bluetooth||$28.99||1 year||Works anywhere in the world
Excellent battery life
|Doesn’t track fast motion
No SOS button
Doesn’t allow for two-way talk
|AngelSense||Personal GPS tracker for people with special needs, SOS button||4G LTE||$69.99||16 -24 hours||Provides the most accurate and detailed information possible
Secure and not easy to remove unless you have the key
Comes with a magnetic pin that allows you to attach it to clothes easily
|Bulky and not waterproof
Expensive monthly subscription fees
|Brickhouse Security Spark Nano 7 GPS Tracker||Best for monitoring valuables||4G LTE||$17.97||14 days||Low monthly subscription cost
Long battery life with a short charging time
Can track anywhere and anything
|Requires the use of an app|
|AMERICALOC 300 Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker||Tracking in the US and abroad, tracking valuable items with real-time tracking||4G LTE||$95||7 days||Allows for worldwide tracking
Long battery life
Lets you monitor speed and motion alike
|A higher priced item with a high monthly subscription cost|
|Spytec||Best for vehicles||4G LTE||$15.95||7-10 days||Comes with free US-based technical support
Lightweight at less than one pound
User-friendly and easy to set up with a start-and-stop subscription
|Expensive monthly subscription costs
Not reliable in rural or remote areas
|Geozilla GPS tracker||Tracking kids, luggage, pets, giving arrival notifications||4G LTE||$59.99||5 days||Excellent battery life of 5+ days
Compatible with all kinds of devices, including Apple Watch, Android devices, and iOS
Can be used worldwide
|Not a waterproof small GPS tracker device
Prices can be confusing and misleading
|TickTalk 4||Smallest GPS tracker device for smartwatch wearers||4G LTE||$199.99||62 hours||Comes with iHeartRadio streaming
Does not have distracting games or apps, but does have a step tracker
Allows for video calling and messaging
|Not compatible with all cellular networks
Does not come with games so not the best small GPS tracker device for gamers
It’s no secret that parenting can be stressful and overwhelming. With the ever-changing technology, it can feel like parents are struggling to keep up. One of the biggest challenges is keeping tabs on your kids while they’re out and about.
Thankfully, there are a variety of small GPS trackers available to help parents get a better handle on their children’s whereabouts. Besides, small tracking devices will be useful for pet owners and travel enthusiasts.
Keep reading to learn more about the top 15 small tracking devices below.
1. Anti-Lost Bluetooth Finder Locator Pet Tracker
The Anti-Lost Bluetooth Finder Locator Pet Tracker is a great choice if you’re looking for a small GPS tracker that will help you keep tabs on your pets. It’s lightweight and easy to set up, making it a must-have for any owner who worries about a pet when it walks outside or is left unattended.
- Can be used for keys, mobile, etc.
- Comes in five different colors
- Has an automatic alarm for exceeding a safe distance
- Affordable price
- Easy to set up with no SIM card
- Has Bluetooth connection capabilities
- Not the best battery life
2. LandSeaAir SilverCloud
This GPS tracker is incredibly versatile, allowing parents to keep track of luggage, bikes, pets, and of course, their kids! It’s lightweight and has an impressive battery life while offering live tracking and real-time alerts.
The LandSeaAir SilverCloud is a small GPS tracker that can fit in the palm of your hand. It records and stores speed, exact location, route, direction, altitude, and more for up to two weeks with its onboard memory.
- Comes with a neck strap, lockable carabiner, and silicone case
- Has a secure cloud platform to let you keep tabs on your data
- Provides instant zone alerts for active tracking
- Has a built-in panic button
- Comes in multiple colors
- Easy to attach to your child’s clothes
- Allows you to view the timeline, routes, and speed of travel of your child
- Has a rechargeable battery
- Often has issues with signals
3. Tile Mate
The Tile Mate is easy to set up and use. All you have to do is download the app, open an account, pair the device with your phone, and you’re ready to go!
This device is simple but effective: just attach it to any item that you want to keep track of and you’ll get an instant notification when it goes out of range. Additionally, the Tile Mate is equipped with a loud alarm that will sound if someone tries to steal it, making it great for keeping an eye on valuables as well as children.
- Can be used to keep tabs on your child when they’re relatively close by or an item that’s within Bluetooth range
- Compatible with iOS, Android, and Smart Home devices
- Water-resistant with a three-year battery
- Up to 250 feet Bluetooth tracker range
- Free Tile app
- Affordable and easy to install
- Great for kids who tend to lose track of their belongings
- The child must be in close range for you to keep tabs on him or her
- The battery cannot be replaced
Another great option to ensure the safety of the child and the peace of mind of parents is the Find My Kids app. Choose a smartwatch for your child or install the app on your smartphone to always be aware of where the child is and what is happening around them.
4. Njoii Bluetooth Key Finder
The Njoii Bluetooth Key Finde looks like a regular keychain and comes with a variety of features that make it an ideal choice for those who are constantly worried about finding their keys, and of course, for parents who are looking for a discreet tracking solution.
The keychain has built-in Bluetooth technology, which allows you to locate it up to 50 feet away. It also features an LED light and audio alarm so you can make sure your child’s (or key’s) location is always within reach.
- Replaceable battery
- Weighs just 0.01 lbs
- Connects via an app on your mobile device
- These devices come with sleeping mode and other helpful features
- Works well for tracking small items
- The battery can easily be replaced so you don’t need to buy a new machine
- Can be used as an alarm if the item is a certain distance away
- Does not store location history
5. Ereon Smart Bluetooth GPS Tracker
The Ereon Smart Bluetooth GPS Tracker is a great choice for parents who want to keep tabs on their children.
This device can be attached to any item that your child may carry around with them—your child’s backpack, bicycle, helmet, and more! Once attached, it will send real-time alerts directly to your phone whenever the item is moved. It also comes with an SOS button so that your child can call for help in case of an emergency.
- Lets you track belongings in real-time
- Works with a dedicated app on both Android and iOS devices
- State-of-the-art Bluetooth technology
- Built-in two-way alarm feature
- Comes in multiple colors
- Can be used as a remote control for your phone
- Has a built-in maps app to show the last location
- Limited range
6. JTD Wireless RF Item Locator
The JTD Wireless RF Item Locator is similar in function and offers some unique features such as two-way audio for communicating with your child and voice recording capabilities. The locator comes with a remote control so that you can easily locate your child if they wander off somewhere without you knowing. It even has a built-in flashlight so that your child won’t have any trouble finding their way home in the dark!
- Comes with a built-in flashlight
- Tracks and alerts on locations up to 130 feet in range
- Long battery life and designed to use minimal power
- Free lifetime customer technical support
- Best customers service
- Comes with a home tower for easy organization
- Comes with four trackers and key rings for a great value
- Not super durable
7. Cube Tracker
This GPS tracker is extremely lightweight and small enough to fit in the palm of your hand—making it perfect for keeping tabs on younger children who might not carry around large items like backpacks or bicycles. It also comes equipped with geo-fencing capabilities so that you’ll receive an alert if your child enters or leaves a designated area and even has two-way audio for easy communication between you and them.
- These small GPS tracking devices find the location via cell tower triangulation, GPS, and Wi-Fi
- Easy to install the app that allows you to share locations across multiple accounts
- Enables you to set geo-fence zones
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Lifetime warranty for added longevity
- Super long battery life
- Unattractive square design
8. Key Finder VODESON Wireless Key Tracker
The VODESON Wireless Key Tracker is one of the most popular small GPS trackers on the market today. It’s easy to use, reliable and has a long battery life. The device connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth, giving you real-time updates on your child’s location. You can also set up geo-fencing alerts so that you know when your child enters or leaves certain areas.
- Tracks up to 100 feet
- Does not require the use of an ap
- Comes with two receivers and a transmitter
- Great for tracking car keys
- Color-coded key fobs
- Uses RF technology so you don’t need a phone or monthly subscription
- No monthly subscription cost
- Has a loud ring volume and replaceable batteries
- Limited to 100 feet
With a one-year battery life and no monthly subscription required, they are an affordable way to locate your little one if he or she ever wanders off during family vacations or large group outings. Their Precision Finding feature allows users to get within inches of the device’s location and actually pinpoints its location with a directional arrow and inch-by-inch distance countdown.
- Each one retails for around $29
- You need an iPhone 11 or higher to make use of this device
- No monthly service plans required
- Gives a general view of the area along with Precision Finding feature
- Works anywhere in the world
- Excellent battery life
- Affordable tiny GPS tracker
- Doesn’t track fast motion
- No SOS button
- Doesn’t allow for two-way talk
AngelSense is a great GPS tracking device designed to keep kids safe, particularly those with special needs such as autism. It is small and inconspicuous enough to fit comfortably without interfering with a child’s range of motion while locking onto their clothing or school bag securely.
- Two-way auto-answer
- Phone call features
- SOS buttons
- Can be used on a mobile phone, laptop, desktop, or table
- Allows you to auto-detect names and places for maximum customization
- Comes with push notifications and accurate location update features that work in less than 10 seconds
- Provides the most accurate and detailed information possible
- Secure and not easy to remove unless you have the key
- Comes with a magnetic pin that allows you to attach it to clothes easily
- Bulky and not waterproof
- Expensive monthly subscription fees
11. Brickhouse Security Spark Nano 7 GPS Tracker
This is one of the smallest, most discreet GPS tracking devices available. It comes in a tiny package that fits easily into your pocket or bag and can be used to monitor your children’s location or your valuables in real-time. The device also has an SOS button that allows your child to call for help if they find themselves in an emergency situation.
- Lets you track valuables and family members with geo-fencing and speed alerts
- Gives detailed information about tracked item
- Can provide updates every 5, 30, or 60 seconds
- Unlimited distance coverage
- Can be used all over North America
- Low monthly subscription cost
- Long battery life with a short charging time
- Can track anywhere and anything
- Requires the use of an app
12. AMERICALOC 300 Mini Portable Real-Time GPS Tracker
This tiny device is perfect for parents who need to monitor their children while they’re away from home. It connects directly to smartphones via Bluetooth and can provide real-time updates on your child’s whereabouts so you always know where they are. It also features geo-fencing capabilities so you can set boundaries around certain areas and receive alerts when those boundaries are crossed.
- Comes with motion detection and speed monitoring
- Can be used as both an indoor tracker and an outdoor tracker
- Great for tracking vehicles, people, and valuables
- Comes with text and email alert
- Allows for worldwide tracking
- Long battery life
- Lets you monitor speed and motion alike
- A higher-priced item with a high monthly subscription cost
The Spy Tec tracker is another great choice for parents looking for small, discreet tracking devices. It features long battery life and is waterproof so it won’t get damaged by water or moisture.
Like some other GPS trackers, this portable GPS tracker also includes geo-fencing so you can set up virtual boundaries around certain areas and receive notifications when those boundaries are crossed.
- Provides real-time location on devices with a strong network
- Can easily be carried in a pocket or purse
- Tracks movement on a map with built-in boundary and location alerts
- Offers historical reporting features
- Can provide alerts via email or text
- Encrypts tracking information for privacy
- Comes with free US-based technical support
- Lightweight at less than one pound
- User-friendly and easy to set up with a start-and-stop subscription
- Expensive monthly subscription costs
- Not reliable in rural or remote areas
14. Geozilla GPS Tracker
Geozilla is a great option if you need a more comprehensive tracking solution for multiple family members at once. You can use this app to track multiple devices at once and even access detailed reports about their activity over time. With its easy-to-use interface and powerful features, Geozilla is an ideal choice for busy parents who need comprehensive monitoring solutions at their fingertips.
- Has safe mode technology when not in use
- Small, lightweight design
- Lets you set up a mobile number for emergency alerts
- Comes with image and text sharing
- Weighs just over an ounce
- Longer battery life of 5+ days
- Compatible with all kinds of devices, including Apple Watch, Android, and iOS
- Can be used worldwide
- Not waterproof
- Prices can be confusing and misleading
15. TickTalk 4
This innovative little device was designed with kids in mind! It combines both voice calls as well as instant messaging capabilities so that kids can stay connected with their friends (and you!) no matter where they go!
- Lets you know if your kid crosses a boundary with geofencing capabilities
- Has messaging and video calling features
- Comes with a step tracker.
- Comes with iHeartRadio streaming
- Does not have distracting games or apps, but does have a step tracker
- Allows for video calling and messaging
- Not compatible with all cellular networks
- Does not come with games
Small GPS trackers are becoming increasingly popular as people look for new ways to keep track of their belongings and loved ones. The best small GPS tracker will depend on your individual needs, but there are a few features that all good options should have.
Look for a tracker with long battery life, real-time tracking, wide range, multiple uses, and durability.
With so many choices on the market, it can be hard to know where to start your search. Hopefully, this list has helped!
How Small Can a GPS Tracker Be?
The size of a GPS tracker depends on its purpose; some devices need to be bigger than others in order to function properly. However, the smallest tracking devices today are usually no bigger than a quarter!
How Much is a Small GPS Tracker?
The cost of a small GPS tracker varies depending on its features and manufacturer. Generally speaking, though, the prices range from $20 to $100.
Where Can I Buy a Small GPS Tracker?
If you’re looking for a small GPS tracker at an affordable price, the internet is probably your best bet. Online retailers like Amazon typically offer a wide selection of products at great prices—just make sure to read customer reviews before making your purchase so that you know what kind of quality and service to expect from each product.
What are the Small Tracking Devices that You Can Put in Suitcases?
GPS locator tags offer precise global coverage, while Bluetooth tags are great for monitoring nearby items. Smartphone-enabled tags also provide another layer of tracking technology as they work through apps and can be used while on the go.
Read also The Best Luggage Tracking Devices 2023.
The picture on the front page: everything possible/Shutterstock.com
Проверьте электронный ящик