5 Best GPS Trackers with No Monthly Fee
Who says that keeping track of your loved ones via specialized software has to involve recurring payments? We found the best GPS tracker with no monthly fee deals, and you can check their detailed reviews below!
- Benefits of GPS Trackers with No Monthly Fee
- 5 Best GPS Trackers
- Stay Safe with Findmykids
Benefits of GPS Trackers with No Monthly Fee
The main benefit of using a tracker is taking advantage of the Global Positioning System to stay informed about someone’s location. And you don’t even have to track a person because you can also put the tracker on a car or an item that’s of essential importance.
But what are the advantages of finding a GPS tracker with no monthly fee? That’s a good question, so let’s check the benefits below:
- Accurate tracking is available. GPS technology can track one’s location in real time and provide constant updates to the chosen device. That’s how a tracker secures peace of mind regarding where your loved ones or valuable assets like cars are.
- No recurring payments can save some money. A deduction from your budget each month can be a significant hit. That’s why it’s better to pay for a one-time fee, especially if you plan to use the tracker for years to come.
- Track location history. It’s not only about assessing the current location, but the tracker reveals where your child or object has been positioned in the previous days or weeks. The time restrictions for recording and erasing location history solely depend on the product you choose.
- Important for emergencies. Your kid might be bullied and need help, or a loved one might encounter a mugger or be in an accident. Just a click of a single button will deliver the user’s exact location, so you can easily find them.
- Get useful data on the use of the monitored devices. Some trackers can provide regular info about the apps that the user mostly activates and uses on the monitored device. You can even analyze a car’s performance by checking the movement habits, which can help assess whether the driver is using the vehicle responsibly.
5 Best GPS Trackers
Parents often use a GPS tracker to know where their kids are, but you can also use the same systems to track down a pet’s location or protect your car against thefts. If you don’t want to pay a monthly fee, here are the best GPS trackers to pick!
Invoxia Cellular GPS Tracker
- Proximity radar and alerts
- Battery lasts up to four months
- IFTTT compatibility
- A 1-year warranty and 14-day money-back guarantee
Invoxia designed a small but powerful tracker that primarily focuses on vehicles and other valuable assets. The device sends its location via Wi-Fi and GPS technology and provides updates at various times.
The manufacturer ensured their tracker with an integrated SIM card, which means there are no added costs. However, the included subscription is free only for 12 months, and you’ll need to start paying to continue using the services from there.
Invoxia Cellular GPS Tracker supports IFTTT, which allows interaction with other devices. You can, for example, choose to activate the home alarm system if your vehicle leaves the garage.
- You can pick from 2, 5, 10, or 30-minute location updates
- No wires to ensure simple installation
- Entry and exit alerts for safe zones
- You only get a one-year subscription for free
Samsung SmartThings Tracker
- Update location on demand
- Wi-fi connectivity
- 1-year subscription included
- It only weighs 0.8 ounces
Samsung SmartThings is an LTE-based tracker that works well for your luggage and other items, especially since it’s unnoticeable, with its dimensions set at 1.7 x 1.7 x 0.5 inches. You can also consider this a child GPS tracker with no monthly fee offer because the product is so small that your kid can attach it to a backpack or carry it in a pocket.
If you purchase SmartThings, you will get a yearly subscription for free. Downloading the dedicated mobile app from the Google Play store is free, and the installation is simple. Your child can press the power button to update you about their location immediately and notify you they are ready for you to pick them up.
- It looks small and unnoticeable
- Battery life is admirable
- Excellent durability and water resistance
- You can only set two safe zones
Pricing: From $19.99
Vyncs GPS Tracker
- Various devices to pick from
- No battery–powered by the car
- On-demand location updates
- Vehicle telematics available
Vyncs doesn’t require paying for a monthly subscription, as you can use the product for an entire year before you need to renew it. The great thing about this product is that it supports over 200 countries worldwide, making it great for car tracking. Vyncs tracks your device’s location, but the frequency of updates will depend on the version you selected.
You can set geofences to get alerts when the vehicle leaves a particular area. Vehicle telematics is helpful if you have teen drivers and want to monitor their driving habits. Vyncs is also great for those who own a fleet, as it’s a useful tool to track multiple vehicles.
- Over 200 countries supported
- Excellent for car monitoring and driver safety
- A specialized car tracker
- Some versions are only available in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico
Pricing: From $79.99 plus a $39.99 activation fee
TK Star TK 905 GPS Tracker
- 15-second updates to the website and app
- IP65 waterproof rating
- LBS and GPS technology combined
- Magnets included
The battery life offered by the TK Star TK 905 is impressive, as the rechargeable 5,000mAh Li-Ion battery works for a week in active mode and up to 50 days when it’s on standby. If the GPS fails for any reason, LBS technology and calling or sending an SMS will help find the device.
Other useful features include a history route playback available for up to six months, as well as an alarm if someone drops (throws) the device. While TK Start also offers a monthly subscription to its tracking services, you can avoid this by choosing to pay an annual fee.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Excellent precision with accuracy up to 16 feet
- Multiple geofence zones available
- LBS accuracy isn’t as precise, but that’s due to technology
Pricing: $69.99 plus $179.99 annually
Trakkit GPS Wi-Fi GPS Tracker
- Uses Wi-Fi networks to communicate
- Desktop and mobile apps available
- Magnetic watertight enclosure
- Real-time tracking, logging, and reporting features
This is a true one-time purchase tracker since there are no monthly or additional charges. The only fee you pay is the one for buying the device, but the obvious limitation is that it doesn’t use SIM cards and cellular technology.
In other words, the device will only work if there’s Wi-Fi available. It can detect free Wi-Fi networks to communicate, which could make it suitable to use on bikes, motorcycles, cars, or RVs. However, if you want true versatility, you can get the Trakkit Mobile Phone GPS Tracking Kit, which comes with a monthly or yearly subscription.
- It records the GPS location, which you can upload when you arrive at home
- Only weighs 1.2 ounces with batteries
- It uses replaceable batteries
- It only works on 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks
Stay Safe with Findmykids
- Accurate geolocation at all times
- Know when your kid is and receive notifications about different locations
- Check GPS history
- Children can send you an SOS signal
- Listen to the child’s surroundings if they aren’t answering
Findmykids is a renowned GPS tracker that’s an excellent choice for parents who need peace of mind regarding the location of their kids. Just like other trackers, this software uses GPS technology to pinpoint the accurate position of your child at any time.
You can set alerts to come to your phone whenever your kid leaves or enters a particular area. The SOS signal function allows kids to activate audio recording and send you their exact location.
Findmykids is easy to set up on iOS and Android devices, and the installation only takes several minutes. The company also has the Pingo GPS watch with tracking, calling, and other useful features integrated.
As for pricing, Findmykids also has a Lifetime Family subscription, which is available for $42.99. If you find that too expensive, you can get a monthly subscription for only $2.99 or an annual membership for $16.99.
The only extra feature not available in this deal is the Live Listening option, which requires you to pay extra. The fee is $1 for 30 minutes, $4.49 for 180 minutes, or you can go for an unlimited monthly subscription for $14.99.
You can test all the features of the app absolutely free for a week.
Do GPS Trackers Have a Monthly Fee?
While most GPS trackers come with a monthly fee, it’s also possible to find those without a subscription necessary. Our guide helps you identify the top software solutions to use if you don’t want to pay any fees.
Do All GPS Trackers Have a Subscription?
While the answer is usually yes, the trick is that some tracking solutions have a lifetime subscription. That means you only pay once and get to use the tracker as long as you need it. This isn’t only convenient, but it can help save huge amounts of money in the long run.
Is There a Free Car Tracker?
You can use apps like Family Link and Google Maps, as they are free tracking services. But if we are talking about actual hardware, it will likely be necessary to obtain a device that will utilize this service.
How Much Does It Cost to Have a GPS Tracker?
The price varies on how many persons or devices you want to monitor and which advanced feature you want the tracker to have. The hardware usually costs anywhere from $100 to $400 or more, although you can get specialized tracking apps like Findmykids at a much lower price.
Is GPS Tracker Free?
Android and iOS devices both offer free tracking apps that use GPS technology. You can install these on tablets, smartphones, and other portable gadgets. But if you also need a hardware solution, you should be ready for an investment. Also, don’t forget that some providers impose fees via subscriptions required to use their services.
A no-monthly fee GPS tracker is a smart investment from a financial perspective. Instead of paying a regular fee for months or years, you purchase a lifetime subscription to use the product as long as you require its services. That’s a wise and budget-friendly choice if you plan to use a GPS tracker for a long time.
Don’t forget that these trackers can be essential in today’s modern world. Knowing the location of your children or loved ones provides peace of mind. Also, it improves their overall security, giving them the ability to act in time if anything suspicious comes up. You can also use these devices to track your pets, vehicles, and other precious items. Compared to the investment, these products provide excellent value for money. And choosing an option without a monthly fee ensures you save even more!
The picture on the front page: PRESSLAB/Shutterstock.com
Проверьте электронный ящик