Best Real Time Location Tracking Apps 2023
In this modern age, technology boasts many amazing benefits, including providing you with the ability to track the location of your children and loved ones.
There are many ways we can utilize our smart devices to keep track of our children, making sure they’re safe and secure—from any location in the world.
In this article, we’re going to run through the best real-time location-tracking apps in 2023 that you can download today to ensure your children’s safety—providing you with that all-important peace of mind.
The best real-time tracking app is the Find My Kids app. It provides amazing features like live location tracking and listening to surrounding noises and others. The best part is that you can use it for your family.
- Real-Time Location Tracking: How It Works
- Top 5 Location Tracking Apps For Android
- Top 5 Location Tracking Apps For iOS
Real-Time Location Tracking: How It Works
Location tracking works by using a global network of GPS satellites and internet technologies. The network of satellites can accurately pinpoint the location of any device with integrated GPS, internet, and Wi-Fi technology—smartphones, computers, and smartwatches, for example.
Thanks to technological advances, we can now accurately detect a person’s location in real-time—the location mark on the map will move according to their direction and speed of movement.
Real-time tracking technology is useful for many purposes, including finding directions to specific locations. It can also be used to locate misplaced or stolen devices, as well as to locate missing individuals.
Using location-tracking technology has never been easier. You can now harness the power of real-time location tracking by just using your smartphone.
Here are some awesome real-time location tracking apps—available for both Android and iOS devices—that you can download to your smartphone today.
Top 7 Location Tracking Apps For Android
#1 Find My Kids App
The Find My Kids GPS app is the perfect way to ensure your child is safe and secure. In fact, some would say it’s the best tracking app for Android users.
The app is easy to install and set up. Many people combine the app with a GPS smartwatch—which can be worn by your kids to give you their real-time location, make calls, send messages, and so much more. However, the app can also be installed on your child’s smartphone while providing the same functions.
The main features of the Find My Kids GPS app are:
- Accurate location tracking to within 12 meters
- Get notified when your child steps into an unauthorized area
- The ability to combine with GPS smartwatch devices
- Monitor your child’s activity on their smartphone
- Record the sound of your child’s surroundings (Android only)
Using this app is the perfect way to ensure your child’s safety in the real-world—especially when you want to grant them some independence to travel on their own.
As well as accurately monitoring your child’s location, you can use the Find My Kids app to view your child’s activity on their smartphone. For example, you can check what apps they’re using, when they’re using them, and how much battery they’re using.
To learn more about the benefits of the Find My Kids app, you can click here.
Download it now for free to be calm for your child wherever they are.
Hoverwatch is a great Android locator app.
The app offers an impressive Geolocation feature that enables you to track the location of a specific Android device—your kid’s Android smartphone, for example.
Aside from the location-tracking features, the app also boasts an impressive list of features for Android users. These features include:
- Track activity on Facebook, Viber, Snapchat, Instagram, and WhatsApp
- Take screenshots to show how and when the device is being used
- Views SMS messages and trace calls
- Scan a device’s internet history
Depending on the plan you choose, Hoverwatch also gives you the ability to track up to 25 devices simultaneously, including laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other digital devices.
Hoverwatch’s website: https://www.hoverwatch.com
Life360 is a brilliant real-time Android location app that aims itself at helping families stay connected.
The app provides many features, from location sharing, and messaging, all the way to breakdown assistance.
The free tracking app for the Android version provides a handful of great features, including:
- Location ETA—providing you with a time estimate of when someone will reach a specific location
- Place Alerts—be notified when a family member arrives or leaves a frequently visited place
- Help Alert—notify your family when you need help
- Location Sharing—click to share your location
Life360 also offers paid versions of their app which provide additional advanced features, including the ability to detect car breakdowns and accidents (US users only).
Life360’s website: https://www.life360.com
Glympse is a fantastic app that enables you to share your real-time location with family members and loved ones.
The app provides information such as the distance between you and someone else, and with a time estimate of how long it takes to reach a person.
The best part about the Glympse app is that your loved ones don’t need to download the app for you to find out their location. Glympse makes things simple by letting you send «Where are you?» requests to another device via SMS—which can be responded to by clicking on a link.
The main features of Glympse include:
- Temporary location sharing
- Requesting the location of others without them needing the app
- Real-time location tracking from anywhere in the world
Glympse’s website: https://glympse.com/get-glympse-app/
The FamiSafe app is another location-tracking app, with a wide range of additional features that make it perfect for families.
Aside from the real-time location tracking feature, FamiSafe Android phone tracking app also offers users the ability to set up Geofencing. Geofencing will alert you when your child or loved ones step outside of specific boundaries on the map.
The app also has many additional features, including:
- Suspicious SMS messages and cyberbullying prevention—receive alerts when your child might be the victim of unwanted messages and bullying
- Activity monitoring—view activity on a specific device, including apps used and time spent on the device
- Website filtering—block websites that may contain malicious content
- Screen time limits—set time constraints to ensure your child isn’t overusing their device
FamiSafe’s website: https://famisafe.wondershare.com
#6 Where’s My Droid
Like Find My Kids, some families consider Where’s My Droid the best Android tracking app on the market.
This award-winning Android location-tracking app helps families locate a device, protects settings and passwords from being changed, and even takes pictures on demand.
Don’t have access to your device or internet? No problem.
This tracking app for Android allows you to use your email account to send a text message and retrieve the GPS coordinates of the phone.
Other Where’s My Droid features include:
- Geofence capabilities will activate specific features when a device leaves a defined area
- Ability to lock a device from anywhere
- Automatic theft detection and reaction to (a potential) theft
This app is a free location tracking app for Android and one of the easiest to install and use. Even the setup is password protected!
Where’s My Droid’s website: https://wheresmydroid.com/index.html
Another good tracker app your family can use for real-time location tracking is Familo.
Familo allows parents to automatically keep track of their child’s activity online. For example, you can set up several intelligent places. This feature sends out automatic alerts to group members when you’ve left the house, or even more specific locations like a cafeteria or library.
Benefits of using Familo include the fact that the app will encode personal data and won’t share it with any third parties. It also won’t drain your device’s battery. Familo uses high-tech algorithms to determine places and locations.
Other great features of this app include:
- An SOS panic button that immediately provides the location of the user
- A complete view of your family’s safety
- A private family chat feature where only invited members have access
Familio’s website: https://www.familo.net/en/
Top 7 Location Tracking Apps For iOS
#1 Find My app
Originally called the Find My Friends app, Find My app is the new name for the native iOS application. Some consider it the best phone locator app on the market (and the best app to locate phone).
The location-tracking app comes standard with most iOS devices. The app enables you to track your friends’ and family’s location, and gives you the ability to share your location.
Using the Find My app lets you trace your device if it is lost or stolen. You also can find lost AirPods. The main features of the Find My app include:
- Find your friends and share your location through the app and iMessage
- Locate lost devices, including iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, and AirPods
- Put devices into Lost Mode to instantly lock your device, initiate tracking of that device, and display a message. The message will say the device is lost and will also provide a contact number for anyone who finds it
- Erase your device remotely if you’re concerned about someone accessing your personal information
The Find My app is perfect for people who have multiple iOS devices that they want to secure. The app is also great for families who use many different iOS devices—enabling you to track the activity of all your family members.
Find My app’s website: https://www.apple.com/uk/icloud/find-my/
#2 Google Maps
Google Maps is probably the most well-known, free location tracker app on our list.
Google Maps is most commonly used to find directions, whether you’re driving, cycling, walking, or catching the train. The app will accurately guide you to almost anywhere in the world.
The app also gives you the ability to share your current location with your friends and family.
The main features of the Google Maps app are:
- Find directions to any location
- Live travel updates which show delays and accidents—suggesting new routes if necessary
- Ability to share your real-time location with friends and family
Google Maps: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/google-maps/
Spyzie is another fantastic app that boasts more than just location-tracking features.
As well as the ability to track your child’s real-time location and travel history, you can also use the app to monitor your child’s safety while they’re using their smartphone.
It’s a great option for your family, and one of the best phone tracking apps available for iOS.
The main features of the app include:
- WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, and Snapchat monitoring
- Keylogging—track all the keyboard strokes that your child makes on their device
- Take screenshots of your child’s device while they’re using it
- Sensitive information alerts—receive alerts when your child might be carrying out suspicious activities on their phone.
- SMS message and call log tracking
Spyzie’s website: https://spyzie.io/
FollowMee is another excellent GPS location tracking app that enables you to track the location of any iOS device that has the app installed. It’s considered s the ability to store location data when the internet or Wi-Fi connection is interrupted. Once the device reconnectsone great option as the best app for location tracking.
A unique feature of the FollowMee app i to the internet, the location data will be uploaded to the FollowMee server.
The app also comes equipped with an SOS Panic Button, which sends an email with your location to a specific address and also makes a call to a designated phone number.
The main features of the FollowMee app are:
- Real-time location tracking—directly through the FollowMee website
- Local data storage when the internet connection is interrupted—uploads on reconnection
- SOS Panic Button which shares your current location to a specific email address and telephone number
FollowMee’s website: https://www.followmee.com
#5 Family Locator
Family Locator and GPS tracking app has been specifically designed with families in mind. It’s the perfect app to track location!
The app enables you to carry out the usual functions of a GPS tracking app, such as real-time location tracking. You’ll also be able to set up Geofencing and receive alerts when a member of your family steps outside of a specified safe zone on the map.
The app also has an integrated messaging function which will enable you and all members of your family to communicate with each other.
The main features of the app include:
- Real-time location tracking of all your family
- Geofencing—set up specific safe areas and get alerted when someone steps outside of the geofence
- Augmented reality tracking—find your family members in a specific location using the augmented reality tracking feature
Family Locator is the best tracker app for parents who are looking to locate their kids and other loved ones—all in one place.
Family Locator’s website: https://family-locator.com/index.html
iSharing is one of the best GPS tracker apps (or person tracker free apps) for iOS. This app allows family members to communicate and share their locations privately and securely.
A few of the iSharing’s best features include:
- The ability to track down a lost or stolen smartphone
- Tracking an approved family member in real-time
- A panic alert option for emergencies
- Automatic alerts to inform you when a family member is nearby
iSharing offers a sleek interface that’s quick and easy to install. With plenty of reviews to back this app up, is it any wonder that this GPS tracker app is one of the most downloaded on the market?
iSharing’s website: https://isharingsoft.com/
Many parents consider mSpy to be the best Android tracker app available today. It’s a location tracking app that records your child’s location and then provides this information to you as updates while they go about their day.
This app doesn’t require permission but lets you track the activity on your child’s smartphone or other devices.
mSpy comes with more than 25 different features. Some key features include:
- Ability to restrict incoming calls
- Real-time tracking (GPS tracking)
- Monitoring internet activities and text messages
- Call history with information like contact names, phone numbers, time, date, and duration of a call
mSpy’s website: https://www.icloud.com/find
Do you still have questions? Keep reading to learn more about some of the frequently asked questions about the best real-time location apps of 2023.
How Do You Track Someone’s Location in Real-Time?
The best way to track someone’s location in real-time is to use an Android tracking app or an iOS tracking app like Find My Kids.
A good tracker app allows you to add specific people and set up alerts on your device that tell you their exact location. The best GPS phone tracker app will use algorithms and other smart technology to track someone’s location.
Which App is Best for Live Location Tracking?
The best location tracking app is difficult to determine because you’ll find several great options available for Android and iOS devices.
However, an excellent place to start is with the following:
Best Live Location Tracking App Android: Hoverwatch. This app uses geolocation to sync with a specific device.
Best Live Location Tracking App iOS: Find My Kids. Explicitly designed to help let parents know where their child is at any given time, this app uses GPS technology to provide peace of mind with accurate, live location tracking.
What is the Most Accurate Tracking App?
You’ll discover that several apps to track location on the market make the list of the most accurate tracking app. We’ve included most of these tracker apps in this article.
The most accurate tracking app for Android includes:
- Find My Kids
The most accurate tracking apps for iOS include:
- Find My iPhone
- Find My Kids
- Google Maps
How Can I track a Family Member’s Location on Android?
You first need to select and download an Android location tracking app or locator app for Android. Once available on a smartphone (and often other devices), the app will allow you to follow or track others using the same app.
A location finder app on Android uses available GPS and satellite technology to identify the exact location of a family member. Thanks to the latest advances in this technology, Android tracking apps can display a family member’s location in real-time.
Keep Track of Your Loved Ones
Keeping your children and other members of your family safe and secure makes using an app to track phone location a top priority for 2023.
Having the peace of mind that they’re in a safe place will significantly reduce your stress—especially when your children grow to an age where they need some independence to explore the world.
Using good tracking apps, location apps for Android and iOS, or the best app for tracking phone location, you’ll be able to keep track of your loved ones in real time. Many of the apps listed above will also enable you to ensure your child is remaining safe online as well as in the real world.
If you’ve found this article helpful, share it with a friend or family member who may also want to learn more about how they can use a location-tracking app to ensure the safety of their family.
The picture on the front page: Blue_c/Shutterstock.com
Проверьте электронный ящик